Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Western States Traditional Rendezvous

I am really looking forward to this year's Western States Traditional Rendezvous! It is a gathering of traditional bowhunters and archers, and typically is the largest gathering like it in the Western states. This will be the first time I am able to attend and it will be a very nice cap to a short break from school between the spring and summer semester.

The Idaho Traditional Bowhunters are hosting this year, and it will be at Magic Mountain located near Twin Falls Idaho.

And, if all goes well I will be shooting a new bow this year as well! I got a call from Jim Neaves late last week and I am up on his list! I have wanted a Centaur longbow for almost as long as I have been shooting traditional, so i am really pumped! I gave him a little leeway as far as wood, but my preferences are either cocobolo or koa for the riser and juniper or bubinga for the limbs. I have spoken with Jim on several occasions and shot his bows at the last few traditional bowhunter's expo west conventions (R.I.P.), and I can tell you he is a top notch guy, not to mention a superb artist. I will be doing a writeup of the bow and the Rendezvous, so be sure to check back.

Also coming up is bear season, as well as the annual Idaho Traditional Bowhunter's "carp-e diem" carp shoot. Last year was tons of fun and I hope to actually bring something to hand this year.

No comments: