Monday, April 13, 2009

Books!


I thought I'd share what I am reading right now (besides my nursing textbooks). Typically I am reading four or five books at a time and have a few on the bedside table waiting for me to finish something else.

On a recent trip to the library I picked up two books. Jimmy Buffet's "A Pirate Looks at Fifty" and Bob Simpson's 1988 book "Wilderness is Where You Find It." For those of you who don't know, Jimmy Buffet is way more than a sit-in-a-hammock-on-a-beach-and-drink-a-margarita kind of guy. He is an AVID fly fisherman. Besides that I wanted to read a little about some one's sailing adventures in the Caribbean.

Bob Simpson I had never heard of but the display at the end of the book shelf had it sitting there, and while I wouldn't recommend judging a book by its cover, seeing a trio of backpackers on this cover made me judge it to be something I am interested in. Unfortunately it is a lot of horsepacking and not much else, but I am enjoying the read.

And I don't have it yet, but I am thinking I found the next addition to my personal library. Mike Mitten ("herdbull" over on tradgang) wrote a book called "One With The Wilderness, Passions of a Solo Bowhunter" and this cover looks absolutely amazing! Right up my alley! So I will be writing up a review once I get my hands on this one.

No comments: