Friday, March 6, 2009

Carp-Diem Boat project


About a month ago I started working on a boat. A completely handmade wooden boat. It has been something on my future projects list for quite some time. I scoured the internet for just the right boat, I bought a couple plans, but there are loads of good, solid, basic designs for free. Although my Dad, who lives just a little ways away, has a well stocked woodworking shop, most of what I found could be built with more simplistic tools such as a jigsaw.

I found a small flat bottom skiff-dingy capable of being rowed, paddled or motored along.

Perfect for bow fishing for carp. I am really looking forward the the Idaho Traditional Bowhunter's Carp-ie Diem bow fishing outing!

It fits in the back of my rig for a quick trip to a local bluegill pond or is light enough for solo car topping.

I modified the plans a little and added higher sides and shortened the overall length just a little bit, but it remains to be seen if this will be a one man or two man craft.

No comments: