Friday, January 9, 2009


I recently finished a sheath for a knife I wrote up a while back. I stayed with a British bushcraft look and kept the bottom square and included a ferro rod loop. I tried to spice up the top of the sheath with a little wave and also waxed the sheath using Old Jimbo's tutorial a little ways down the write up on his Grohmann knife kit.

I have really enjoyed the SWC Woodlore clone though I haven't really put it through it's paces. It is super-burley thick, too thick for my taste, but very stout and reliable because of it.

I have yet to take the time to photograph my process but I learned all that I know from tutorials over on, north coast knives, and others. My stitching is the weak point, looks OK from the front, but you'll notice there are no photos of the back, it gets all crooked. It should hold up just fine though, and it's nice to carry something you've crafted yourself.

No comments: